This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Sunday 13 May 2012

FACTS vs.Feelings

So I tend to be ruled by my feelings but my feelings are not always true to the facts,Just because I feel something doesn't actually mean that it lines up with factual evidence.
For example sometimes I "feel" fat,fat is not actually a feeling.The fact is,yes I am overweight but I do not cause minor earthquakes when I walk.I need to work out what I am really feeling when I term it as fat.
Sometimes I "feel" ugly,ugly is not a feeling.The fact is small children do not run screaming in horror when I pass by,therefore I am not an ugly troglodyte swamp donkey who needs to be hidden away from decent society.I need to work out what I am really feeling when I term it as ugly.
Sometimes I feel worthless.FACT is I am a human being,therefore I am worthy and worthwhile.
Sometimes I feel unloved.FACT is I am very much loved and need to recognize it.
Sometimes I feel stupid.FACT is stupid is not a feeling(or is it? Not sure) See now I feel stupid,anyway whether it is or not,I'm not actually stupid,I'm human I make mistakes.
I need to learn to stop being ruled by my feelings so much and try to learn to tap into my logical rational side a bit more often.I need to look at the FACTS a bit more closely before I react with my feelings.

No comments:

Post a Comment