This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Sunday 20 May 2012

Planning ahead

Been thinking a lot,not always a good thing with me! Been thinking about my future and what it might have in store for me.
I know I can't control it and if stuff is going to happen it will happen but I need to be prepared as well.I need to make sure that if I do get worse,that the house is set up and ready so I can stay home and not put to much more pressure on the rest of the family.
I saw a youtube video yesterday about a woman named Tina with MS.She is a lot worse than I am,a lot worse and I give thanks that I can do most things for myself but it also showed me what could be.
In a way it scared me but it also made me grateful for what I have,for the love I am surrounded by,for the people who care about me and will make sure that I won't experience the isolation and loneliness that Tina does.
I need to make sure though that Robert is up for what ever MS throws at us,he bears the brunt of this disease being the closest to me.I still need for him to look at me with love and as his wife,not with pity and as someone who needs care.
If he doesn't think he can do it that is okay I want him to be with me because he wants to be with me,not because he fills obligated or that people would think badly of him if he needed to go.
Yes,we made vows to each other,but sometimes reality is to hard to bear no matter what vows were made.
Yes I have MS but first and foremost I am a woman who loves and wants and needs to be loved.I do need some care regarding the MS but at this stage I just need caring as a woman.Does that make sense? I know what I want to say,not sure if it's coming out right.

I need to live for now but plan for the future.

2 comments:

  1. I can feel what you're saying here Alison. My husband does so much for me, and I hope he knows that I'd do the same for him if the situation was reversed.
    Having people near at times like this, people who love you and care for and about you, this make it all OK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what I would do if the situation was reversed.I think the difference is that I would also surround myself with support groups and take time out sometimes.Robert tries to do everything on his own and so I worry that he will burn himself out.I just want what's best for all of us,28 years on Friday we've been married wonder if it ever gets easy!

      Delete