This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Tuesday 29 May 2012

Where I'm at

Does anyone know? Cos I sure don't.Up,down,round and round.
Weekend was wonderful was so great to get away from every day.Except it showed up how much more recovery I need to do.At home I'm very confident and move around my house with ease,in a new place I struggle,will be a very long time,if ever,before I will be able to go outside without the walker or stick and walk any distance.
Makes me sad to know I won't ever go bush walking again,I used to love getting out in nature and feeling the peace enter me.
I was watching all the different birds that were in the trees surrounding our cottage and I really wanted to go walking on the property and see what other wild life was out there but I had to be content with just looking from the patio. That was okay,it rained a fair bit so it was good to be inside watching the flames from the fire place.
Lying in the spa looking out the window at the view of Mt Lofty not too far away but way to far for me,made me think of one of my favourite places to be, Mt. Lofty Botanical gardens.Maybe someone will invent al off road walker or something and bush bashing will be possible!!
Last time we went walking about a month before the attack that caused all the damage,we went to Morialta Falls,it was unbeliveable. Walking across the path just a few feet from us was a koala moving from one tree to another! Okay,so I'm Australian,I've seen and held koalas before.They are my favourite native animal,but seeing this one in it's natural environment was different somehow.I kind of felt a bit as if we'd invaded his home or something.It was really exciting to see him though.
I know that those walking times are over now and I know I'm going to miss them,makes me sad.
I did have a really great weekend,the sadness will pass and hopefully I'll find something else to replace what I will miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment