This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Wednesday 2 May 2012

Maybes

"You come to a realization that 'this is who I am, this is my life, and I've got to make the best out of it.' I don't think people are giving up; I think people are moving on to live their lives. They're tired of waiting. We are refocusing on life, because you can't just sit around and wait." —Alan T. Brown, in an article about redefining "cured" featured in "The Daily Beast"
I read this quote this morning and it helped me understand my "stuckness" a bit. When I first hit that wall I panicked a bit how the hell was I supposed to move on now?I had this massive obstacle in front of me with no idea how to overcome it. Maybe I just need to refocus,maybe this stuckness is part of acceptance,maybe I'm not meant to move on yet,maybe I just need to sit and let the realization,that this is my life sink into my bones.Maybe just sitting here is not giving up but quietly accepting the massive changes my life has taken.
I think I do need to sit and wait for a while,just while I allow myself to fully accept my life now,I think when I fully do that,then I will find a way over,around or through the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment