This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Saturday 5 May 2012

Keeping this thing quiet

It's been awhile since I had a bad attack,like a real bad one where they pump those vile steroids straight into your blood stream.Had a a few where I've needed oral steroids, but touch wood,nothing seriously serious for over a year(careful Alison,don't jinx it!) Mostly I've been trying to recover from the bad ones I've had and get used to all the changes in my life and body that the bad ones caused. You know I never actually realized until a few minths back that MS is always with you.By that I mean the every day symptoms,you know the tingles the numbness,the random pain spots(doctors out there listen to the people who LIVE with this shit MS DOES cause pain),the burning feet when they're cold to touch.( Yep,last night feet felt like they were on fire again,but to touch them they felt cold??) Some freaky,weird disease I've got! Anyway there's all this stuff that some time during the day will pop up,so that even on a good day there'll be some reminder that you wear the MS label.
I guess I though that you had it, took what was prescribed and then started to heal,I didn't realize that I would have ongoing problems and struggle to walk and need an old lady walker whenever I went out.I didn't understand in the beginning,that I would have symptoms all the time and those symptoms could change.No wonder I've had so much trouble accepting this,soon as I get used to one thing it changes to something else.How is a bossy, control freak supposed to live with something that refuses to be bossed or controlled? and tries to boss ME around and control me?
I have to try to keep it quiet,I have to live my life in a way that doesn't rattle it's cage to much,I try to eat right(big fail on that one) I hardly ever drink alcohol(don't have too much trouble there,I'm not a big drinker,unless someone mixes margeritas!) I take a lot of vitamin and mineral supplements. I try to make sure I get enough rest and I have the Tysabri infusion every 4 weeks.
So far it seems to be all working,every day I'm getting a tiny bit stronger and less wobbly on my feet,I can walk a little bit further with out support( don't think I'm up for a marathon or even walking to the letter box yet!) But I am getting better and a lot more settled.I don't have the rage inside me that I once did,I seem to be calmer with myself and less agitated all the time.I;m not as frustrated with myself when I can;t do something and need to ask for help.
I just hope it all keeps working,another bad attack will do my head in big time,that's the biggest problem for me.Not so much what it does to my body but what it does to my emotions,what it does to my thoughts and feelings.That's what I fear most.

No comments:

Post a Comment