This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Monday 11 June 2012

Acceptance........we'll see!

I have MS,yep that's right I do.I have MS,whether I choose to accept it or not,I still have MS.
It's still going to be in me wreaking havoc on my body and life,I can choose to fight the diagnosis,fight that everything has changed or I can accept it and start making a few changes to make my life more liveable more enjoyable,
Instead of fighting against it,refusing to admit that I struggle sometimes,I need to start fighting FOR me not against me.
I need to speak up when I can't manage something,there is no shame in asking for help.I am asking for help not for everything to be done for me.
I can still be a fighter,still be a warrior,wear my tattoo with pride but I need to be a warrior for me not against the disease.Will probably make for a calmer,more peaceful feeling inside me.
I have this,until they find a cure.I need to live the best life I can until that cure is found.

1 comment:

  1. Yes Alison, this is the way. Fighting against your body is a fight you won't win, but if you and your body work together, you can get there.

    ReplyDelete