This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Wednesday 21 March 2012

Awesomeness!!!

I got up yesterday morning and I felt great! Nothing hurt,nothing buzzed,nothing,tingled,no pins and needles nothing was squishy or heavy,no fog in my head or in front of my eyes,I felt......NORMAL!!!!! If my legs had worked properly I could almost have forgotten I had MS.
Overnight a cool change had blown in and it had rained quite heavily,the heat and humidity had gone and it seemed to have blown away the majority of my symptoms.I was smart though I didn't go nuts and try to do as much as I could,while the goodness lasted and overdo it making things get bad again.Actually I spent a lot of the time marvelling at how wonderful it was to just not feel anything!!(Who's blog is this?! It's so nauseatingly positive!) I had a bit of a shuffle(I can't really call it a walk) out the back,made it the end of the cement twice with no wobbles,I was completely under my own steam,no walker,no cane,just a husband hovering trying to pretend he wasn't!! and a dog so close behind me I had to wash dog snot off the back of my leg Gross!! ( I know he's old and he can't see properly anymore but seriously Klaus,not that close)
My head did get a bit buzzy and my arms and hands a bit tingly,but not the usual strong pins and needles,later in the day but no where near as bad as usual and last night I slept for 5 hours straight.That's right 5 hours,I haven't slept that long without interruption for so long I can't remember when it was,probably when I had my gall bladder out,general anaesthetic induced sleep sort of counts doesn't it?
I've woken up this morning and guess what? I STILL feel good WOOHOO!!!! I'm not going to push it though,I will get a few things done,but I want to do enough that I feel like I've achieved something but not too much that I over do it and ruin the strongness I feel(Hmm,red underline,I don't think strongness is a real word,too bad it is now!!) And I'm not going to sit here and start over thinking it and start to wonder how long it will last and worry that the symptoms will come back full force and drag me back down and make me struggle to do simple things.I am just going to ENJOY it.Is this REALLY me? Did someone hijack my brain or something?! Be careful Alison,you might start seeing rainbows everywhere and look,is that a butterfly in the garden? Hmm,think there might be some lollypops in the pantry! AARGHH!! Who are you and what have you done with the real Alison?!!

No comments:

Post a Comment