This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Saturday 3 March 2012

Rainbows,Butterflies and Lollypops?Not me :o)

Today is a bad day and I feel overwhelmed with the enormity of it all,tomorrow is another day and my fight will be back.I'm just so very grateful to have somewhere to go to have a bad day and not feel as if I need to justify how I am.I tend not to join groups or talk much as I try not to burden other people with my problems,people have their own stuff to deal with,they don't need me dumping my crap too! Plus I can't be all rainbows,butterflies and lollypops,that's not my nature so I would come across as exceedingly fake.
I was asked to tell my story for the MS Network magazine but so far I haven't,I'm not very inspiring and can be downright grumpy!!(hard to believe I know,but yeah,I can be grumpy!) I don't think people who are fighting MS need to read a story from someone who's far from positive and a long way from inspirational.My biggest achievement in the last 6 months was walking to the letter box unaided,a long way from a marathon!! 
Sometimes I just grow tired of the battle and need to lower my sword and rest,sometimes I need to feel the bad feelings and regather my strength to go forward again.Sometimes I just need to say "Woe is me" Sometimes I need a shoulder,instead of lending mine to everyone else.Sometimes,just sometimes I need to sing "What about me,it isn't fair.I've had enough and I want my share" Sometimes I just need to  drop the brave,strong,courageous face.Sometimes I just feel sad.Today was a "sometimes" day.
Today I need to vent,despair and lay down my sword,tomorrow I will pick it up again and continue the fight.......

No comments:

Post a Comment