This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Monday 19 March 2012

Starting to get frustrated with myself,I go to bed at night and my thoughts are beginning to whirl again.I find myself actually laying there,"writing" a blog entry,putting the words in the right order and making sure it flows well. Them I get up in the morning turn on the computer put my fingers on the keyboard and........nothing!! All my thoughts gone,perfectly constructed sentences disappeared and I sit here thinking"What did I want to say?" Blank,so I go over to facebook scroll around there for awhile hoping something will come back,then forget what I was doing!!
I have been going to a lot of MS sites recently,I suppose I'm starting to accept that I REALLY do have it and that I'm not going to wake up one day and be able to walk like a normal person and have none of the other problems I have.I think part of me deep down is hoping that this is a huge joke that everyone is in on except me  and that eventually I'll catch on and the joke will be over.I know that's not going to happen but I can still pretend can't I?
I've realized that there is a huge amount of information out there and an even huger amount of misinformation as well,trying to sort out the good from the bad sometimes does my head in,some of the good stuff has ended up on my facebook wall,it seems to be coming an MS advocacy site! I think some of my friends might be getting fed up with being bombarded by MS info! Oh well at least there's a lot less "Woe is me,My life sucks,Why me?" status updates than there used to be!
I have been a lot more settled in myself the last couple of weeks,I think starting this blog and getting out some of the thoughts has really helped me.

2 comments:

  1. Alison,

    I feel the same way you do regarding posting things on my facebook wall. If I do post something related to MS....no one responds. I don't know what they think. I simply post things I find so my MS friends will get additional info. Maybe it's because my regular 'face to face' friends don't know what to say to me right now...not sure, but it gets upsetting when you feel like you are being ignored. I'm usually not one to let things like that bother me, BUT I have to admit...it gets to me. So I do understand where you are coming from. I wish you health and the whole blog issue is a GOOD one...considering starting one myself because I believe you are right in assuming it's better to let it all out in a blog rather than FB. Take care & God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sherri,I replied to you via e-mail,I hope you got it! Hope you have an easy,symptom free day :o)

    ReplyDelete