This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Saturday 3 March 2012

I am not strong or brave or courageous,I am not an inspiration,I am not a positive person. I am angry,frustrated pissed off,fed up,bewildered,negative,I can not find a bright side,I can not keep my chin up,not worry and be happy.I feel betrayed by my body and brain,let down by myself,maybe I shouldn't feel this way but I do.I'm tired of fighting, tired of trying,tired of not understanding a disease I have,I'm tired of reading positive inspirational stories of wonderful people dealing with this and being happy little rays of sunshine to everyone around them.Obviously I'm not one of them! 
I hate that I have MS,I hate that my whole life has been turned upside down and I have lost control of most of it,I hate that I needed to give up work,I hate that my license was taken from me and I need a medical clearance every year to keep doing something I'm good at and have been doing since I was 16.I hate that my children have seen and heard me weeping and broken,I hate that my husband has had to learn how to shop and cook,I hate that financially this has been a huge blow and we are struggling so badly,I hate all the forms that need to be filled in for even the simplest of help.I hate the intrusion of strangers into almost all facets of my life,I hate that young girls my daughters age are asking me details of my bladder and bowel.I hate that men I don't know get to ask personal questions.Yes I know they're medical proffesionals and it is their job,doesn't mean I have to like it.I am tired and angry and confused I think most of all though I am afraid,of the future,of the unknown. 

1 comment:

  1. Alison, we all have to take some time, now and then to say what we really think. you get the words said and hopefully the words leave you and you have room for better thing/words.

    Living with MS is not a thing any sane person could wish for, and I feel your pain at being given this stupid clumsy disease. I hope you have good days as well as the bad days where you feel like this.

    ReplyDelete