This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Monday 5 March 2012

And so it begins.....

It's July 26th 2009 at 4.15 a.m. I start work at 5a.m. so I'm a very early riser! Life is pretty good,kids are all doing well,work is well,you know,work but I do like my job.Marriage is still intact despite some bumps in the road,financial difficulties are being overcome,bills are being paid early and there's even a bit of savings,not much but enough to see the light at the end of the tunnel and the light is getting brighter and brighter and the tunnel getting shorter and shorter. I get to work and everything is still going okay,have a chat with the other early starters,I love this time in the morning when the store is still closed and we're preparing for the days trade.I start filling the cabinet(I work in the deli of a supermarket) putting in the fresh chicken and start slicing and shaving the meats,I love doing the open and making the display look fresh and inviting. I go to walk towards the cool room and it feels like my left foot has stuck to the floor for a second or 2,I don't think too much of it but think I must have dropped something and trodden on it when I look,there's nothing there so I kind of shake me head and get back to what I'm doing.This happens a couple more times and it sticks just long enough for me to notice,but I've got to much to do so after a quick check of my shoe I get back to what needs to be done.
6 a.m Louisa my co-worker arrives we work together most mornings and have a great relationship,some times it's nonstop chat and laughs other times we work in quietness but always she's a great lady to work with.The "sticky foot" happens again and I mention it to Louisa and get her to check the bottom of my shoe to see if there's anything there.Nothing!!
 I need to go upstairs to use the computer and as I step up with my left foot I keep catching the top of the stair with my toes,i remember thinking"That's weird!!" Didn't know then how weird my life was going to be! I just get on with my job and ignore the odd things that are happening,back in the deli I notice my left hand is not right,not sure how to word this but it was just a strange feeling,I'm left handed so this strangeness became really obvious when I went to write something and had trouble writing and holding the pen.The problem with my foot started to move up my leg and I was beginning to have trouble walking,so I decided to go home when my manager started at 8a.m.By the time Brett arrives I am unable to stand without holding on to anything and my left hand is barely useable,but I've got work to do so try to get things done as best I can.
I ring Dad to pick me up as I know I won't be able to drive when I can barely walk,then I ring Robert to meet me at Mum and Dad.s place they live closer to work so i figured it would be easier this way. Robert and I decide to go to the hospital rather than the doctors things seem to be a bit more dramatic than a simple doctors visit!.....Need to stop for a bit,will continue later.This will definately need to be edited a great deal if it's use able but it's the only way I can keep my thought in order,head is buzzing I'll write more when it stops :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment