This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Friday 13 July 2012

Today

Today was Tysabri day.Got up just after 6am so I had time to go on facebook before getting ready(gotta get my priorities right!) I drove to the hospital(yes,me) we left around 7.30 am,my appointment is 8 am.No dramas driving apart from me worrying that something would go wrong and I can't reach to get the parking ticket out of the machine,I need extendable arms!
Had a good nurse who found a vein first up this morning,sometimes my veins decide to hide and there's a bit of trouble getting the needle in but today was good. Anne-Marie from my online group has her infusion at the same time,it's nice to see a friendly face and have a chat,makes the time go faster.
Near the end of it I had a doctor ask me if he could ask me a few questions for part of  an exam he was doing,turned into an hour long consult! Plus he wanted to do all those neuro tests to check my reflexes and stuff,how I walked and my eye sight.He'll be a very good and thorough neurologist when he qualifies,had a good manner too,seemed genuinely interested in all I had to say.Some doctors come across as disinterested at times,this guy was good.
But it meant I was out a lot longer than I expected,we didn't get home til almost noon.I was buggered!! Slept most of the afternnoon,feel pretty good now my legs seem stronger,Tysabri is doing great things for me,hoppefully it continues.I like that there are no side effects for me and it's just a once a month thing and I love that it only costs me $5.80 a month!! Gotta love that health care card!!

No comments:

Post a Comment