This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Sunday 22 July 2012

Write first,then think of a title

Haven't been able to get my thoughts out the last few days,I've had so many emotions whirling around in me and I didn't feel that I could talk about stuff seeing as it was all about someone else. I need to get it out though and so here goes.
My friend Jackie,has been one of my greatest supporters and has encouraged me with my blog every step of the way.With out her continuing to cheer me on I probably would have given this up months ago,she is an awesome lady and I am so glad we connected online.
Here's the thing though,Jackie has just been told she was misdiagnosed.Yep,that's right,"Ooops,sorry" You don't have MS Jackie,you actually have 2 tumours in your brain.Excuse me? What the fuck? So Jackie has been walking around for the last 7 months with tumours and not MS. All her symptoms have been caused by these things mimicking MS Symptoms and doctors who diagnosed her wrongly have been treating her with drugs that have made her feel worse.
I am so fucking angry I could scream,I can't believe that medicine is such an inaccurate science as to misdiagnos some one so wrongly. To treat someone with drugs for one problem that made what was really wrong even worse and then want to chuck different drugs at her still treating the wrong thing.
Fortunately? The tumours are non cancerous,imagine if they were,untreated for months growing with no treatment to stop them,only drugs for another disease,making things worse.
So now Jackie needs to take high dose steroids to shrink and bring down the swelling(caused by MS drugs) of the tumours before beginning radiation treatment,all the while having to trust doctors who got it wrong in the first place.
I'm angry for her,I'm angry at the doctors.
I'm so very glad that it was discovered before too much damage was done.I am rejoicing and so glad that she doesn't have MS and in a bit once all the treatment is done Jackie will be well.
I am ashamed to admit a tiny bit jealous,that Jackie will have her life back( I hate admitting this,but need to be honest) of course what she now has to contend with is no walk in the park and I hope that I can be as caring and supportive as she has been to me.
I'm also scared that maybe she won't need our friendship anymore.I was so grateful to meet someone I connected so well with, our shared MS experience drew us together and I'm worried that once that is gone will our connection? I felt I'd met someone who truly "got" me,I sure hope that won't be gone.I don't want to be lonely again.I know how selfish this all makes me sound but my overriding emotion is joy.I can't put into words the happiness I feel that Jackie doesn't have MS.

No comments:

Post a Comment