This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Monday 2 July 2012

Busy few days

Saturday was David's formal and the limo pick up was here,so quite a few kids in suits and their camera happy parents took over my house for a little while!
He looked very grown up and chose a purple striped tie,cos purple is my favourite colour.Awww! I didn't know he'd done it,how lovely was that,he thought of me!
Sunday was my birthday and I had the best day,was so good 'cept for my Mum being sick and not coming out to lunch with us but my sister was here with her 2 boys so that almost made up for Mum not coming.Sarah came over later with Luke and not only had she made me a cake but lemon cheesecake as well!! Now I had lost some weight,hmm reckon I've put it all back on plus extra!
Then yesterday I had the practical driving test that I've been dreading,not cos I have trouble driving or anything but because of someone judging me and maybe me not living up to my expectations of myself.Anxiety was threw the roof and I was so nervous,was so worried that something I've been doing for 3o years was going to be taken away from me.I've had so many things change since MS i didn't want to lose this too,especially as i chose not to drive for so long as I knew I wasn't up to it.I didn't want to have a stranger tell me that the effort and work I've done to get back to driving was in vain.
Anyway,I passed!! WooHoo!! Apparently I don't use my mirrors enough and I tend to speed a bit but I was so focused on what was in front of me and doing everything right i forgot to look behing me and look at the speedo .Usually you get in your car and just drive and do all the things you're meant to do,having someone sitting next to me with a clip board and check list is very unnerving!
But i came threw it and officially I am a very good driver! I think before much longer I will need to stop driving my manual and get an automatic but not yet,i love my car and I'm not ready to give it up yet.
Today I'm going to rest I'm knackered!!

No comments:

Post a Comment