This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Monday 9 April 2012

CCSVI

There's been a lot of media coverage the last couple of weeks about this procedure and I've been doing a lot of reading and searching for information about it.
I think I want to find a doctor here who does it,I know it's controversial and there are no guarantees.I know it's not a miracle cure but if it can give me some quality of life,then why not?
And if it doesn't work? Well I'm no worse of am I? Except maybe a few less dollars in my purse,but I have MS anyway I might as well try to live the best life I can..If this procedure does help,then I'll be living an even better life.

2 comments:

  1. I can certainly see why you're interested in CCSVI, I'm sure millions of people with MS are. I'm still not convinced though. I'm willing to wait until there's been more scientific testing.

    And it seems that some of those treated, get their symptoms back again - at the moment the cost is far too high to be able to afford having it done every year or so.

    I'll stay as one of the interested ones watching from the sidelines. MS has helped me to become a very, very patient person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm,I think it's made me more impatient,if that's possible! I want a cure and I want it now!!
    I'm still looking into it and not going to make a definite decision 'til I'm truly comfortable,I can't seem to get a balanced view point,people are either gungho definite it's the best thing since sliced bread or almost salem witch hunt against!! I'd like to read facts without any emotional interpretation attached.

    ReplyDelete