This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Thursday 5 April 2012

On and on we go

Frustrating reading this,isn't it? All the stops and starts,the amount of detail that doesn't need to be there,the over use of exclamation marks and diversion to a different topic.Yep,really frustrating.Imagine how frustrating it is living like this!! Me telling a story..... "it was Monday,no hang on,I think it was Tuesday or maybe it was Monday cos I went to the doctors Tuesday and I wouldn't have gone out twice in one day Hmmm,maybe it was Wednesday" See what I mean? People are very polite though and although they feel like screaming and strangling me,most don't!  For Pity's sake Alison,it doesn't matter what day it was just get to the point already!!!


Okay,continuing on. We get up to a 2 bed room,the other lady is asleep,actually she's semi comatose,poor thing. Get sorted out,obs get checked yet again.Still have no strength in my left side and if I raise my arm it just falls back down.This is scarey,you know?! It's now about 10.30-11 pm and I've been up since 4.15 a.m..I've been poked and prodded,had all sorts of tests,been in and out of different machines,spoken to so many people I've lost track of who is who,I've told them all exactly what's been happening countless times and still I'm none the wiser.I think at one point I told a cleaning lady what was going on,she was the most empathetic and compassionate of all the people I've spoken too,that's how I know she wasn't a doctor,she actually CARED and listened.
3 doctors march in,.the one from emergency is not with them.I think he gave up on me and passed me over to Huey,Dewey and Louie!
They want to see the lady who needs the lumbar puncture.I'm exhausted,fed up and can't take much more so I say " Oh her? I think she left! Yeah,I'm pretty sure she went home!!!" They believed me! It was so funny! The one at the front turned around to march out of the room and knocked into the other 2,who backed up and nearly fell over each other.Robert and I just looked at each other and burst out laughing!! I think we just needed to break the tension and have a tiny bit of normality,for a couple of minutes it was just us,being just us.

Sorry,got to stop.....stay tuned we're nearly done

No comments:

Post a Comment