This is a work in progress(as I am!)I need somewhere to talk and just not worry about judgement or criticism,whether it be constructive or otherwise.I want to just let my thoughts and feelings out.It will mainly be about having and trying to live with Multiple Sclerosis but I'm sure other things will come up too. You are welcome to read but do NOT mock me and if I offend you just stop reading.

Monday 2 April 2012

Grateful

I can't seem to get out of this sadness and I'm sick of blogging misery so I'm going to try to be grateful for once.
After blogging my financial woes yesterday,I just wanted to acknowledge how grateful I am to live in Australia,I am eligible for disability support pension and although it doesn't come anywhere near the wage I used to earn at least it's something.What I receive each fortnight is based on my husbands wage so I really don't get much but I do have a pensioner concession card,this means I get medication extremely cheaply and even without the concession card because of the P.B.S. (Pharmecutical Benefits Scheme) the cost would not be astronomical.   I am able to claim concessions for my council rates,electricity,phone and a couple of other things I forget,once again it's not shit loads but it does help a bit.
So if nothing else I am grateful that if I had to get this crappy disease,at least I got it in a country that makes life a tiny bit easier.
Not much but it's all I've got.

1 comment:

  1. I agree totally with you on this one Alison. I've just become a disability support pensioner, and getting a couple of hundred dollars plus the concessions is a fine thing.

    When I read the crap people in America have to go through with MS and medical costs, it makes me super dooper glad I'm an Aussie!

    ReplyDelete